Seriously, you guys. I’ve made this SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE every single Thanksgiving for the past seven years. I discovered this little gem on Pinterest many moons ago and I’m so excited to finally have a place to save it so that this recipe stays in my family forever.
Yes, it’s just THAT good.
So without further ado…
The Most Amazing Sweet Potato Casserole Ever
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1/2 cup Land o’ Lakes Butter, melted
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE:
- 3 cups Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Land o’Lakes Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-large sized mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, pecans and butter. This will be your crust mixture. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes (I peel and cut up about 5 and boil them until soft, then mash), sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. (I like to broil the top at the very end for just a few short minutes.)
- Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
This will be the most incredibly sweet and delicious sweet potato casserole you’ll ever eat. My family loves it so much that I always double this recipe and we never have leftovers.
🦃 Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃